VENUS GOLD BATTERY
Explore the incredible Venus Gold Battery in Charters Towers and be amazed at how gold was processed during the colourful North Queensland goldrush in the 1800s.
1h 15 min guided tour
Request Private Tour
- 1 hr 15 minute guided tour through historical site
- Learn about the process of milling ore and be introduced to some of the ghosts of the Battery
- Adults – $25.00
- Adult Concession (Pensioners/Seniors/Uni Students) – $22.50
- Child/Teen (5-17 years) – $15.00
- Child (under 5) – FREE
- Family (2 Adults, up to 2 children) – $55.00
*Concession applies to seniors, pensioners, and university students. Customers may be asked to produce concession cards.
- Seasonal schedule – refer to calendar
Family friendly – suitable for all ages
Please contact us about disability access as the tour does include some stairs, uneven surfaces and outside pathways. By contacting us we may be able to cater for your needs
- Venus Gold Battery – Corner Millchester Rd & Jardine St, Charters Towers, Qld, Australia 4820
- Charters Towers is located 137km from Townsville on the Flinders Highway.
- Venus Gold Battery is 4km from the Charters Towers Visitor Information Centre
- Free public car parking is available outside Venus Battery on Jardine Street.
- Coach parking can be arranged.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ARE THERE TOILETS AVAILABLE?
No. There are currently no toilet facilities on site. Please use facilities elsewhere before joining us at the site.
IS THERE DISABILITY ACCESS?
Please contact us about disability access as the tour does include some stairs, uneven surfaces and outside pathways. By contacting us we may be able to cater for your needs.
CAN I TAKE PHOTOS?
Yes. Still photography is allowed when guides are not talking. Please be mindful of your camera flash as to not shine it in other people’s faces.
CAN I FILM A VIDEO?
No. Strictly no filming is allowed at any time during the tour.
IS THERE A DRESS CODE?
Yes. All customers must be wearing flat, enclosed shoes. Shoes must be worn at all times.
Be sure to bring a water bottle and exercise caution with sun safety.
WHAT HAPPENS IF IT RAINS?
Tours will still run in the rain. If the weather looks bad, bring some wet weather gear, and enjoy the tour.
Tours will only be cancelled if conditions become dangerous. Our Bookings Coordinator will contact you to notify you of cancellation and rescheduling your tour.